Worker struck by lightning while erecting electricity pole; case of negligence led to the death

Young laborer dies of electric shock

News Jul 15, 2022

On 15 July 2022, at around 3:30 PM, a labourer named Abhishek Arun Sable (27) died of an electric shock while erecting an electricity pole during heavy rainfall at Vashi Village. A case of negligence has been filed against the contractor on account of not providing safety gear to workers.

Ankit Thombre, the proprietor of Prince Infra Pvt Ltd Company, was granted a contract by the Forest Department for the construction of a protective wall at Vashi Village. The construction work started a few days before the incident and the deceased Abhishek was among the workers on site.

The deceased lived at Mahatma Phule Nagar in Powai. Vashi police rushed to the site immediately after receiving a report of the incident. An investigation by the police officials concluded that the contractor had not provided the workers with proper gear and equipment which ultimately caused the death of Abhishek.

Tags